ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
 |  |  | 
Blogs and personal sites
Most of the descriptions in this section are copied verbatim from the site
owners' descriptions, subtitles, blurbs, etc. In some cases where the excerpt
uses too many words to say too little, I've edited it. Some of the descriptions
aren't very meaningful and I need to improve them later after I become more
familiar with the nature of the site contents and how best to represent them (I
haven't read the entirety of all of these sites, but I've seen enough to
recommend exploring them). Sometimes I include my own comments in the
descriptions. Later I may link to a recommended page on each site.
- 4 Cent Garbage - An internet addict's wild ride . . . in blog form :)
- aleksandra.codes - Hi! I'm Aleksandra, a software developer based in Wrocław.
- baus.net - I'm Chris Baus. I have been working in software development at different levels for over 20 years.
- cat-v - Cat-v.org hosts a series of sites dedicated to diverse subjects that share an idiosyncratic intellectual perspective, questioning orthodoxy and fomenting elitism and high standards in topics from software design to politics, passing by art and journalism and anything else interesting. Other than total and complete world domination, the overriding goal is to encourage and stimulate critical and independent thinking.
- Compassionate Coding - Emotional intelligence for technologists
- \CRYSTALDATA\LYR:\00\ - I'm someone deeply interested in understanding, discussing, and thinking about the philosophical, and metaphysical aspects of modern life, and especially in regards to modern technology.
- datagubbe - My name is Carl Svensson, I'm a computer nerd and this is a place for collecting my creative output and forcing it onto the world.
- Dig Deeper - Privacy and the future of humanity in the age of AI and the surveillance state
- Digital Inklings - I’m a software engineer in San Francisco. I’m also a Christian. These two identities don’t often coexist.
- eklitzke.org - Evan Klitzke’s web log.
- EldritchData - Privacy, security, OPSEC, software; reminds me a little of Totse
- getimiskon's space
- Hipstercrite - Hipstercrite bridges the gap between blogging about yourself and blogging about pop culture.
- Jake's Thoughts - This is a personal website where the content is mainly just text. Expect many words!
- JURTA - This is the personal web site of Juri Linkov devoted to programming, linguistics, humor and other creative things.
- kill -9 - Insane programmers
- localghost - I care about web accessibility, keeping the web fun, and lowering the barrier to entry for people learning web development.
- ManthanHD - Findings, thoughts and observations from the eye of a Software Engineer.
- Maple, Maypole - "Very little in terms of intellectual content."
- MayVaneDay Studios - before, in your grief, you declare
"my time on this earth is done; I have no more need for air"
just remember how you swore to with your own hands the heavens tear
- The NeoSmart Files - The official blog and online channel for NeoSmart Technologies, a private software research and development firm.
- neugierig.org - Hi, my name is Evan Martin. Here's a website, which hosts [software, some writing]
- Nixx's Blog - Welcome to my Magical Realm.
- lich's website - [See: On reason in the age of internet, The Lost Webspace]
- One Big Fluke - I'm Brett Slatkin and this is where I write about programming and related topics.
- Parimal Satyal - Neustadt.fr is my personal website, a tribute to the creative web of the 90s.
- Put A Number On It! - "Upon a globe of math, a blog of math and puns"
- qorg11.net - a fortress tall, take some time to show you around, impossible to break these walls, computer banks to rule the world, possibly I've browsed /g/ too much
- RainHeaven - To keep note of the things that erode our human rights and freedoms
- Ryan Barrett's blog - I'm Ryan Barrett. I live, work, and play in San Francisco. I code and write here.
- Scott Hanselman - I blog about technology, culture, gadgets, diversity, code, the web, where we're going and where we've been.
- Shadow Wiki - Privacy, security, anonymity, spyware, surveillance, censorship, religion, the obscure and esoteric
- Spyware Watchdog - The goal of this website is to classify spyware programs, so that users can be more aware that they are installing spyware. Many "everyday" applications are actually spyware.
- Some Bits - Nelson's weblog
- Tinfoil-hat.net - Personal Stuff, Linux, BSD, Computer Science, Linklists, Privacy and some pre chosen Music
- awesome - Lists of awesome things
- NearlyFreeSpeech.net - The
current host of this site (the FAQs are genuinely good reading)
- Customers Suck! - Honestly haven't checked it in ages, but it had some great stories back in the day
- Erowid - The real skinny on how drugs work and the experiences of people who took them
- Programmer Dvorak - If you use the Dvorak keyboard layout and do anything remotely resembling coding, get a load of this
- Everything2 - A long-running repository of writing about everything -- type any topic into the search field or just click an interesting link, you won't be disappointed (often)
- School Survival - You have every right to hate school -- because forced education sucks
- Tech Support Comedy - Comic Relief for the Support Worker! (RIP)
- TypeRacer - Competitive typing races
- Whatpulse - More numbers for your e-penis!
- WikiWikiWeb - Also known as Ward's wiki or just Wiki